1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power Outlet Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sforshey, Nov 3, 2004.

1. sforshey

sforshey New Member

Got my '05 Prius last week and I am having trouble with using my existing Nokia cell phone charger. It seems to fit very snugly in the both outlets and it is almost next to impossible to remove.

I did not have any issues with this charger in my previous vehicle. Anyone have the same issues or some suggestions?

Thanks.
    Sara

2. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sara, yes, I have the portable Garmin Nav system which plugs into the power point and it is much snugger ( a word?) than any other's I've used. Think Toyota might have made the outlet a "wee" bit smaller than the average. At least that's my experience :) Think over time it might become a better fit or maybe taking a pair of pliers and carefully squeezing the plug-in fittings.

3. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Had the same problem with a 3rd party Nokia charger. I just switched one (phone charger) from another vehicle and it was fine.

Some of the third party ones are different.....