1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power Outlets Dash and Center Console Too Tight

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hb06, Jul 30, 2007.

1. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Am finding the power outlets on the front dash and in center console are unbearably tight for cell phone charging. Tried various chargers. Feels like the whole outlet will pull right out of the car when trying to unplug the charger. Anyone else have this problem or better yet, a solution?

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBO6 @ Jul 30 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]487691[/snapback]</div>
    Try spraying some electrical switch lube/cleaner int the outlets.

3. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doc Willie @ Jul 30 2007, 07:24 PM) [snapback]487780[/snapback]</div>
    Is like WD40? Was actually wondering if anyone had replaced the sockets with one a millimeter or so wider in diameter so it wouldn't be so tight, or if this is even possible.

4. JayGoldstein

JayGoldstein Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBO6 @ Jul 30 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]487691[/snapback]</div>

I found the outlet under the dash to be quite tight the first few times I plugged in/removed my GPS power cord, but it loosened up with repeated use. I haven't had any difficulty with the outlet in the console.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    better tight than the other option. i have a 2 head splitter that has been plugged into mine since day one. im glad its tight, knowing me, i would not notice that it was unplugged until my cellphone died on me or something. my regular cellphone is new so battery life is not an issue yet, (plus dont have car charger for it yet anyway) but my work cellphone is not and its battery life totally sucks. so first thing i do is plug it in when getting into car. i only get about 30 minutes of talk time and the battery will go down to blinking status in about 24 hours even if not used at all.