1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power/Start button lights up red

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kairu, Jul 29, 2010.

1. kairu

kairu New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm posting this for a friend to help her find out what might be wrong with her car.

She says just recently her 2006 when started, the lighted ring around the power/start button is red, where I guess in the past it would light up green.

We both did some searching and the closest thing I could find to suggest what it might mean would be a bad 12v battery. Those articles I found relating to the 12v battery said the car would also have the red triangle light lit up in the instrument panel along with the red ring around the power/start button.

She took the car into a dealership (under extended maintenance contract or something like that) and they said there's nothing wrong with it.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ??

Regarding the POWER button, the only indication of significance is the little LED within the button. When green, the car is in ACC-ON mode. When red, the car is in IG-ON mode. When the LED is off, the car is either IG-OFF or READY.

If the car is working and does not exhibit driveability symptoms or warning lights, then tell your friend not to worry.

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    And here I thought the Prius has the red ring of death like the Xbox