1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power tie-in

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by benlenz, Mar 2, 2007.

1. benlenz

benlenz Junior Member

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but . . .

Does anyone know where the power for the center console outlet connects up under the dash?

I need to tap into that wire before it gets into the console.

Secondary questions:

Do both "cig lighter" outlets come off this same wire, or are they run separately from . . . I do not know . . . the fuse box?

Has anyone with an '06 actually gotten the center console OUT? I got all the screws out, but there's apparently an electrical connection near the rear of the console, and I couldn't get to it to disconnect it. Ended up just tilting the console backwards to do what I wanted, and it was very difficult this way. I really want to get that thing OUT so I can work on it.

Thanks

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a wire bundle that goes down behind that kick plate under the center console. In that bundle there's a light blue wire that is 'hot'....now, that was in my '04 and I believe a few '05 owners have confirmed that. But be sure to test before tapping/cutting anything.