1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power window lock switch (only lock rear?)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mike_10, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Mike_10

Mike_10 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I’m the second owner of a 2008 Toyota Prius (Package II) with 23k miles. I have a question about the power window lock switch:

“Use this switch to prevent children from accidentally opening or closing a passenger window” (p. 75 of the 2008 Owner’s Manual)

Question: Is it that possible to program the Power window lock switch so that it blocks the rear passenger power window switches but not the front passenger switches?

2. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I've never heard of any way to change the function of that disable switch. When I first got the car I assumed it would disable the window switches at the other doors but the driver would still be able to raise/lower any window- but that's not how it works. Turning that switch on disables all window controls except the one switch for the driver's window. Apparently that's the same way it works on many (all?) Toyotas:confused:.

3. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I will post what I did as soon as I document it well. It was a matter of moving a wire in the master switch junction block for the RH window to the wire on the same block where the Drivers window gets power. As it works now Power is applied to all window switches until you press the disable switch at which time power to 3 is removed. Each window is a seperate wire to this master switch junction block P17. My front 2 windows operate irregardless to the master disable switch. Back two only can be locked.