1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

power windows not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bluebird, Jul 7, 2008.

1. bluebird

bluebird New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My passenger window stop working today in the down position and the two back windows won't go down all of a sudden. Is there a fuse that might be causing this. The drivers window works fine. Does anyone know how can I fix this myself?:confused:

2. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You didn't push the window lock button by mistake did you?

3. bluebird

bluebird New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just went out to check it and nothing is working now. The door didn't unlock but because one window is in th down position I could get in but it doesn't start. When I was looking at the fuse box under the hood earlier could I have done something. I didn't do much but look at it. Do the keys have batteries that can go dead?

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi bluebird, welcome to PriusChat! :welcome:
    The fobs have batteries that can go dead, but they usually last at least a couple of years. The 12V battery can also go dead if an inside light is left on a long time. If you put your fob in the slot in the dash and the car still won't start, I would suspect the 12V battery.

You can "jump start" your Prius by connecting another 12V battery with jumper cables. Instructions are in your car manual. The + battery connection is in the black box on the driver's side under the hood. Be careful to connect the jump battery correctly or you can severely damage your Prius.

Good luck.

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd assume you have hit the window lock button on the driver's arm rest and because of the stress of not being able to close the windows a door wasn't closed properly or a light was left on.
    Damn!!
    Above advice is good. Very bad things happen if you mix up the jumper leads so be very careful.