1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre-Delivery Service Check Sheet: Dealer give you a copy?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by bookrats, Sep 26, 2004.

?
  1. No

100.0%
  2. Yes, and it had been filled out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but it wasn't filled out (nothing was checked off)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I whipped out my pre-delivery checklist and said something to the extent of "I'm sure you already have one filled in, if I could just get a copy of that, that would be great." Intead, I was told that they haven't done one on any new car in a very long time. All the same, I went around the car and completed the checklist myself.

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Re: Pre-Delivery Service Check Sheet: Dealer give you a copy

My experience was similar. I did not receive a checklist because the dealer was aware that I had already read the one-page checklist and its 28 or so explanation pages online, and he verbally assured me the dealership always inspects all vehicles according to the checklist.

He knew I could easily detect any setup that was not to spec. After two and a half weeks, I still have no quibbles about the vehicle that was delivered to me (and that I drove home 350 miles, knowing I would likely never return to the dealer).

The salesman and his service technicians further stated that Toyota sends them to Chicago on occasion for follow-up training, so we will keep in touch.

3. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Re: Pre-Delivery Service Check Sheet: Dealer give you a copy

My sales rep had the completed checklist in hand when we went out to inspect my car at delivery. He handed it to me when we were completed and suggesting I keep it with the Owner's Manual and Warranty Info.