1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre-paid maintenance: Any problems going to different dealers?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by timo27, Jul 10, 2009.

1. timo27

timo27 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All -

New here, so my apologies if this topic has been beaten to death (I did look around and cannot find the answer...).

My situation is, I recently bought a 2010 Pkg IV and was cajoled into getting the 48mo/55k pre-paid maintenance. I bought the car from a dealer about 80 mi from where I live, and would be getting the maintenance done at a local dealer. Has anyone had any problems/issues with getting 'pre-paid' work done at a dealership different from the one who sold the maintenance (and the car)? I was assured at the time of sale that this is a non-issue, but the paperwork arrived in the mail today embossed with the sales' dealer's name all over it, and accompanied by numerous coupons saying "good at <XYZdealership> only."

FWIW, I paid $1000 for the package, down from the $1450 they wanted initially. I'm beginning to think even the $1K is too much. I have a few days left to cancel, and am seriously considering it; I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks much
    Tim

2. jbumps wvu mntrs

jbumps wvu mntrs PC Superfan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Even if the plan includes oil changes at 3000 mile intervals (18 and one third over the course of the plan) and the replacement parts/fluids for air filter change etc... I had a hard time coming up with enough costs to cover the $1000.00 that you paid. I'm sure they know what they expect to have to pay out of their pocket to cover you under the plan and despite the fact that they were willing to discount the price by $450, I'm sure they're still well positioned to come out in the black. IMO - Cancel it and put the money elsewhere.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Get a refund.

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Usually Toyota's "pre-paid" maintenance is any authorized dealer. Sounds like you got the "other" plan.

5. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Cancel it and get your money back.

6. timo27

timo27 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks all for your advice. I just cancelled it this AM. Now, hopefully it won't be forever and a week to get my refund... ;)

T