1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre-Paid maintenance- I got it added in the deal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by auart, Sep 13, 2006.

1. auart

auart Junior Member

I negotiated the prepaid first 36 months/36,000 mile maintenance deal when I bought the prius last month... Really, they discounted the amount it cost, and then added it back and I paid MSRP exactly total.
    My question is, will I get something from the warranty/maintenance company in writing in the mail? It has been almost 4 weeks and nothing has arrived.
    I have the copy of the form that shows it, but I am sure I should get a legal document of some kind listing exactly what is covered....
    I sure don't want to rely on a salesmans word or a manager's assurance of what is covered. I want to see it in writing.
    I am about to blow my lid if I don't get something from them soon.
    Anybody been down this road??
    Thanks!!

2. yarzy

yarzy New Member

I got the 100,000 mile warranty. I still have not gotten anything either (I have had it less than a week though)...

Keep me posted and I will do the same.

3. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think mine came about 6-8 weeks after I took delivery. Of course I had already passed the 5k mark and had to have the dealership look up the pre-paid info so I could use it.

4. troe

troe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(auart @ Sep 12 2006, 11:21 PM) [snapback]318777[/snapback]</div>
    Mine came with a book of coupons for each maintenance interval over the first 60,000 miles. I just had the 5000 mile one done last week and they took out one of the coupons for it. But i think different dealers do it differently. You should go in and talk to the service manager to find out how it is handled there. :)

[​IMG]

5. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pcflorida @ Sep 14 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]319413[/snapback]</div>
    Mine came with the book too. I didn't state that in my previous post. For clarity, I hadn't gotten the book when I got to 5k miles, so the dealer had to look up my info. When I went in for my 10k, the dealer took both the 5k and the 10k coupons.

6. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For future reference, don't get prepaid maintenance. Although you got them down to the "actual cost" of the maintenance, you didn't fool anyone. By adding it to your loan, you're paying interest on that amount for rest of your loan. Most likely, you've spent more than the actual cost.

7. auart

auart Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Soylent @ Sep 14 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]319660[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah I know I should have not took it, but it was MSRP plus a Cust ser fee, or when I started to walk I got MSRP , no Fee and the prepaid for the total of just MSRP, which at the time was better than any other dealer from Nashville to Atlanta and down to Tallahassee.... I shopped in 3 states, and went with my local dealer due to the price not being jacked up.... The dealer in Lagrange Georgia wanted MSRP PLUS $2600 on top of MSRP... The sad part is he sold every Prius they got last month doing that.
    Anyway, I was happy with MSRP and getting the Tax credit on this one..... And I have already saved over 100 gallons of gas from my 4runner I was driving just in 4 weeks. I drive average of 750 miles each week!

Thanks!