1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pre-Paid Warranty Service Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by potenzaus, Mar 28, 2008.

1. potenzaus

potenzaus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Just want to ask your opinion whether I got ripped off or not. The finance mgr offered me the Pre_paid warranty for 48 months /55,000 miles for the regular service (oil change, minor/intermediate and major service). He said that I can go to any dealer. He said that for 4 years the normal costs of these services add up to $2,800 but he was offering me that for $1,400. Is that reasonable?

Do you think I can still cancel it and refund my money (credit card)?

Thanks for your input.

sonny

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Read the scheduled maintenance guide (this is a separate document from the owner's manual) that came with your Prius, and realize that $1400 for eight oil changes and inspections is ridiculous. Cancel the "policy" and pay for these services as you go. Altogether they will cost something like $500, maybe less. (And given that this dealer was so happy to try to rip you off you probably should have them done at some other dealer.)