1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prepaid Maintenance plan in Florida

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by andy32901, Dec 7, 2005.

1. andy32901

andy32901 New Member

I am pricing a new 2006 Prius here in E. central Florida. They say it is a 3 month wait now. I have been looking a options and one thing I need info on is the Vehicle protection Plan that is on this site. Is it thorough Toyota Financial Services? According to their website it is not valid in Florida. Can anyone comment on this? I would like to know what my options are before I sit down with the dealer.

Thanks andy32901

2. allidavie

allidavie New Member

I just picked up a new Prius today - in NJ - because I refused to deal with Toyota SE because of their ridiculous policies re: purchasing a Prius (had to be up North and drive through DC anyway, so this killed two birds with one stone). SE Toyota also figures in all sorts of mandatory "options" that bring the car far over MSRP. So you may want to search here on PC for info about SE Toyota.

Onto your actual question, when I went to the dealership in Delray Beach they tried to get me to buy the prepaid maintenance plan, so there's some anecdotal evidence that they accept the prepaid plan in Florida. I think the "not valid" on the website refers to purchasing the plan through Toyota itself... apparently SE Toyota is different from all the other regions and "regular" Toyota (i.e., every other region) doesn't have control over them? At least that's the rather shaky understanding I have.

ETA: The dealership in NJ took only two weeks to get the car - I paid a $500 refundable fee over the phone, ordered my car (Silver, package 7, grey fabric - which my dealer said was the most frequently ordered combo -don't know if that's national or just my dealer) and it was there in two weeks. Granted, this was before the recently announced reductions, but thought I should let you know, considering the Delray dealership told me they wouldn't take a deposit and that they had no power to order me what I wanted, and that it would take months.