1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Presidential Election Recount coming in Ohio

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So I've heard variations of this on NPR, etc, but if there's a 5 day waiting period, on the very small chance there is a change in the winner of Ohio, can it make a difference overall? 'Cause doesn't the electoral college meet on Dec 13 to officially vote? So once the electoral college officially votes and Bush wins, can that be changed legally (hypothetically... I really don't see a change in the winner happening because of a recount in Ohio)? I'm not totally up on my election laws.

3. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Yeah, but you gotta love the train wreck factor of it all.

4. mspencer

mspencer New Member

Ah yes... train wrecks, and the talented and dedicated disaster recovery teams that clean them up.

Guess there will always be dishonest people who try to cause them...nothing we can do about that, except clean them up...

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a t-shirt with a quote attributed to Stalin. I don't know if the quote is genuine or not, but it certainly applied to elections in Stalin's Russia, and in our country as well:

"The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

6. rflagg

rflagg Member

Won't matter - Ohio already certified the count (albeit by 17,000 less than their "original count"), and Monday the electoral college confirms it.

Meanwhile, the Ukraine people seem to have enough guts (and funding from the good ol US of A) to fight their election results. The cold war is coming back with a vengenance.

-m.