1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pressing Volume and Tune/File buttons

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Treetune, May 14, 2007.

1. Treetune

Treetune New Member

I just bought a new 07 Prius with package #2. Only 4 days old so I'm still figuring things out.

I've spent lots of time playing around with the radio and such but am at a loss as to what if anything pressing the volume or tune buttons does. In the manual it says that one needs to press and turn the volume button to increase the volume...and likewise for tuning with the tune button. This obviously isn't the case as these knobs can be turned without pressing.

Pressing them just makes them eh... depressed. They simply become flush with the dash. It seems to me that pressing them does nothing. Am I missing something obvious??

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treetune @ May 14 2007, 09:36 AM) [snapback]441577[/snapback]</div>
    I think the manual is assuming the buttons are depressed. You have to press them to make them pop out so you can turn them. Mine are in all the time and I use the buttons on the steering wheel to adjust volume, station or mode.

3. indiepants

indiepants New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ May 14 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]441640[/snapback]</div>
    Before I got my 07, I would've guessed that I would stick with the steering wheel controls too. The knobs have such a good feel that I've been using them-- the resistance and rate of change is just about perfect for an analog control.