1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

pretty bad damage to prius body paint job

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hadjibandit, Feb 23, 2010.

1. hadjibandit

hadjibandit New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hi folks, a recent bitter instance of my brothers bad parking skills left pretty bad damage on my 08 prius(magnetic gray). The damage starts with quite a few deep scratches just below the right rear passenger door handle. The scratch goes pretty deep into the paint. There is also slight deformation to the body (just above the wheels). He turned too close to a concrete column at a shopping mall and the column edge grazed into the body and chipped paint.

does any one with similar experience in the past have suggestions on how to get it fixed? :confused: I live in the northeast and any suggestions on local auto repair folks/ body shops would be appreciated!!

2. mechanic

mechanic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    magnetic gray's a nice color! the gray really brings out the lines on a Prius but i digress...

depending on how deep the paintwork is, you could fill it in w/ some touchup paint and just apply multiple coats. after the touchup paint is applied use a touchup pen w/ clear coat in it to seal the deal! good luck!