1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Preventing Reset of FE after fillup

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Presto, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is there a way to prevent the fuel economy from resetting after filling up the gas tank? Is this something that the dealer can change? I'd like the FE to be reset manually to give me an average over several tanks instead, like the Gen 1 Prius. I could do it manually, but I'd rather not have to go through the effort ;)

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There was discussion about this a couple of years ago, if not more recently. Apparently, there is no way to prevent the reset.

You'll just have to meticulously record your gas purchases if you want long-term mileage figures. Folks like john1701a, and maybe DaveinOlyWA, record every single gas purchase. I'm far too forgetful and disorganized.

3. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Apr 15 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]240256[/snapback]</div>
    Andyprius does not reset automatically any more, don't know why, something I did??? However in your case, you could just let one of the trip guages run, as long as you want.