1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Previous Dealer listed on invoice

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by creativeguy, Oct 16, 2009.

1. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just got an invoice from the dealer on a car I've been waiting for. Everything looks good except that I see a "Previous Dealer" listing of 00129. There is also a Wholesale Dealer listed. Does this mean that this car came from another dealer's lot or are these just checkpoints along the way in the shipping process? The invoice has a Ship Date of 10/15/09, so everything seems pretty new.

2. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Creative guy,

With such a recent build date, it could have been that the car was allocated originally to another dealer, but because you are waiting on this vehicle it could have been re-allocated to the selling dealer.

Sort of what happened with mine, which was destined for Virginia, and then it was reallocated to New York. I think your fine...bet your anxious?? I was and still loving the new ride! :)

3. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The salesman emailed back and said that that previous dealer was the ship. The car came straight from the port. So sounds like all is well and I'll go do the deed tomorrow.