1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Previous owner replaced OEM Wiper blades, looking for best alternative

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by RubikTetris, Jun 2, 2023.

1. RubikTetris

RubikTetris New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Closest I could find was a posting on ebay, I think they were 40$ each blade and they didn't have the rear one.

Just trying to find the best alternative that would fit. I am reading on here that regular blades sometimes don't work because of the shape of the windshield.

What do you use that's not EOM and fits your car well? Where did you buy them? I'm looking for preferably something that lasts a decent amount of time.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What’s wrong with OEM? I found they last a while (2-3 years and it rains here). And also as a bonus, you only need to replace the wiper insert, not the whole blade.

3. RubikTetris

RubikTetris New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish I could find them but as I said I don't know where to buy them except for that shady ebay post that doesn't even include the rear one.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I use bosck icon hybrid in fronts . And my rear is factory original I just keep changing the rubber strip in it and the rubber strip I'm using in it in the rear is from the Bosch icon hybrid wipers that I pull out trim and put in the factory rear wiper on my generation 2 and my three so that ends that. On the Bosch hybrid blades you can also pull the rubber strips out of those if you look at them carefully and replace them if you like that sort of thing mine lasts long enough when they start turning gray from black I just replaced them personally

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Asked and answered:
    And here:
    wipers for 2015 prius III | PriusChat

Tideland Prius likes this.