1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Price Drop for 2011 Prius

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Maverick Hiker, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Maverick Hiker

Maverick Hiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm in the market for a 2011 Prius. It looks like my procrastination may have worked to my benefit. The model I'm interested in (Prius III with solar roof) dropped in price over the weekend from $28715 on Friday Sept 30 to $27328 (invoice). :cheer2:

That's $1387.00 less than if I had bought last week. Now I'm wondering if I should buy the car now, or wait for further price drops. I'm thinking there may be an excess supply of 2011 Prius what with the gas prices going down, and the 2012's coming in shortly

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oil prices dropping, supply picking up, no HOV access in CA, 2012 adding 3 SKS and Entune to the Three.

You should be able to get a good deal on the Prius.

3. Maverick Hiker

Maverick Hiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm actually surprised the price for the 2011 Prius isn't dropping faster and more unifomly.

The local Car Max site shows their price is only about $100 lower than MSRP. They must still think it's summer when the Prius shortage was at it's worst.

4. C. Alan

C. Alan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I found that a lot of dealers, even in California, still think their new Prii are made of gold. Now, I know they are in the buisness to make a profit, but I have been on more than one lot where it looked like they were collecting them rather than selling them.

Used Prii are also still overprieced IMO. All the used 10 Prius IIs that I looked at were ex-rental cars, with around 40k miles on them, and most dealers had them priced between $21k to $20k. Just based on straigh line depreciation, I though the pricing should have been closer to $18.5k. However, I don't think Prii are alone as far as being overpriced. I have found over the years that most toyotas command a higher used price that most other cars.
    --C. Alan

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Around here the AAA price is invoice. In Beverly Hills, CA it is below invoice so the Region does make a difference. If you haven't found the car you want widen the search field. In December 2009 I just missed a silver V-AT on the local dealer's lot but he was taking delivery of another silver V-AT from a Maryland dealer that sat on their lot for a month. The cars move. Some colors or packages may sit longer in one place or another but don't bet on it.

6. arcticreaver

arcticreaver New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i've been searching for 1 in the past weekend. OTD price was around 30k. maybe if we wait a bit longer it will drop even more?

7. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I do not know about pricing but I was at my dealer last week for service and saw 5 Prii on the lot. This has been unheard of in the past. I checked their online inventory and they were showing close to 20 cars with about 8 available immediately and the other 12 coming in the next week or two. So, this is by far the largest inventory that I have seen.

8. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A local Atlanta dealership had an ad in today's paper for several 2010 Prius priced at $14,900. I'm betting they are prior Rentals, which means they are probably the II's but still not a bad price for a used Gen 3 Prius...

9. arcticreaver

arcticreaver New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    hi guys. i just negotiated for a White Prius III with Nav + Solar for 29500 OTD. i'm putting 11k down and going to pay off the car in 36 months by taking advantage of the 0% APR right now.

picking up the car TONIGHT! excited!!!!

10. Zanrok

Zanrok Casual Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Where did you get 0% APR financing?

11. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Missed opportunities.

There are a few opportunities I missed that I sorta regret. Before the Gen 3 was released, REALLY good deals on remaining NEW 2009's existed. I actually regret that I didn't buy a new Gen 2 when they were available.

Then when the Gen 3 was released, the price I believe was artificially low, to compete with the simultaneously released new Insight. That wasn't a bad time to pick up a Gen 3.

Then, when Toyota was mired in all the recall trouble and bad publicity, was also a good time to purchase.

Now? I think production is recovering, inventories growing...it's a decent time. Overall? If Toyota expands the Prius line with the v, c, and regular Prius, I do not see prices going down.

I think the release of a "cheaper" HSD Prius, with the Prius c, will bump the price of "Standard" Prius higher. Toyota will have to keep a gap between Prius c and entry level Prius 2.

I have a tendency to get paralysed by wanting to wait to see...I'm really curious about the Prius c. However? I think now isn't a bad time to buy Prius.

12. arcticreaver

arcticreaver New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    here in CA there is 0% for 36 months. it's a sale they have going on right now till the end of oct. i believe it's a deal only in southern california right now.

13. Zanrok

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can you PM me the dealership? Or is this all of southern Cali?

Cause I would be willing to make the drive for that....

14. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you are planning on driving to So. Cal, you should contact Dianne Whitmire (see dealer section) as she is a friend of the website and folks that have purchased cars from her, rave about it.

15. Zanrok

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ya I have chatted with her before, if she is doing 0% APR I would consider it.

16. arcticreaver

arcticreaver New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i'll let you know. you never know with dealers. i'm ready to sign for the car tonight. but if they try to low ball me with some stupid crap last minute... blacklisted for life.

17. abiazis

abiazis New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Bought a Prius 5 in Huntington Beach for $ 31,500 with nav package, no solar or advanced tech package.....I think it is good, but they were very high pressure sales people in my opinion.....

I think I got a good deal.......

18. spongebob

spongebob Not paying 'THE MAN' so much for fuel anymore!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    44 prii in stock at one dealer here in N. NJ and 15 in another in another just over the line in S. NY. Dealers calling and e mailing wanting to know if I'm interested. AAA pricing for a III + mats and bumper protector $1,000 off msrp.
    Can't wait for the 2012's. Any idea when they come out, and also the C?

19. arcticreaver

arcticreaver New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i'm sitting in a new prius 3 right now. very happy. i think i got a good deal. 29500 OTD. white with nav and solar.

20. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Show me the picture!