1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Price Increase already happen?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by bshef, Mar 27, 2005.

1. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Was speaking to a Carson Toyota Rep on the phone last nite who told me there was an across the board price increase on all P*. In the last 2 weeks that I've been visiting Dealership........ the fully loaded #6's I've looked at are typically $26,742.
    I didn't write down the amount she stated but I recall it wasn't more than $300 +/-
    I'm assuming she was implying this increase was directly from Toyota and not the Dealership!

I wonder just how much it cost Toyota in admin fees to have all the dealerships change their window stickers MSRP?

2. cpwaites

cpwaites New Member

According to what was posted on PriusChat (below), that would not be the price increase that Toyota recently announced.

SUBJECT: 2005 Prius Mid-Year Price Announcement

On April 1, Toyota Motor Sales will announce new base vehicle pricing for the 2005 Prius which will be effective with vessels arriving on or after April 4, 2005. Since its 2004 launch, Prius has set an unprecedented level of technology, performance and value. With overwhelming customer response, Prius has surpassed the 130,000 total sales mark since it
    first went on sale in mid-2000. As Prius leads the way in Toyota’s pursuit for hybrid leadership, your role in providing outstanding
    customer service is critical. During this ...