1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Price request on a 2010 Prius pkg III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenGuy33, Oct 18, 2009.

1. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What's the best price for a 2010 Prius III ? The only option I really want is the Bluetooth.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You have to step up from Prius II to a Prius III just to get bluetooth.

Besides getting bluetooth you also will get the upgraded stereo which is JBL and includes 2 more speakers and a 6 disk cd changer. You will also get XM radio (3 free months and then you have to pay).

The Prius III is now $23,400 for cars which arrive in port starting today onward. If the car arrived in port before today, it should be $23,000. Then you have to add taxes, dealership fees etc, and the destination charge which is in the ballpark of $750.

Then if any options were added at port to the car like floormats, illuminated door sills etc you pay that as well. And if the dealer threw in more stuff they try to get you to pay for that as well.

Off the base MSRP I don't think you'll see much of a discount, maybe $500 bucks.

3. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was aware of the JBL 6-cd changer. That's a nice addition.
    I'm just happy that the Prius is finally bigger inside. I am 6'5" and test drove an 08 Prius. It was painful to drive. I sat in a 2010 Prius and what a difference! Thank you Toyota for thinking of the big guy.

4. spinnsilly

spinnsilly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

If the only option you really want is bluetooth, I just got a package II with bluetooth for 22400 + tax/license.

5. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So you can get the Prius II with Bluetooth? Is that a special order? How much is the Bluetooth?

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You can get a Prius II and then add in the Blu logic Hands Free System, which has an MSRP of $299 if done at the port. If installed at the dealership, expect to pay mroe. You can see it mentioned in the accessory page here:

[​IMG]

SO the only question to ask yourself is $600 more worth it to also get a 6cd, xm and JBL.

7. windowpane

windowpane New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I could not find a Prius III in all of California that did not also have Navigation. I offered $25,550 for a vehicle for which the MSRP was $26,050 and my offer was accepted. I still haven't used the Nav.

8. garygid

garygid Senior Member - Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Try the Nav, you might like it. Except for limited map data in many less-populated areas, it is not bad.

With Nav, the BT is good, but the CD changer drops from 6 to 4 discs.
    The sound is quite nice, at least for an old guy.