1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prices in OK seem high

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Comperio, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Comperio

Comperio Nooberator 200

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have quotes from 9 dealers so far and the prices on a Blizzard Pearl base pkg II seems high. The best I could get was a II in Blizzard with mats for $23,100. Many of the dealers quoted above MSRP or gave quotes on pkg II's bloated with nonsense options into the $25,000's.:eek:

I don't get it. Even with my lowest quote, the dealer is going to end up with over $1,100 if you include the doc fee. I would think the dealer would be willing to sell a car at $600-800 over cost on an internet deal (i.e. no % commission just a small per unit commission) rather than look at it on their lot. And, the inventory is just sitting there. One cluster of dealers has even doubled its Prius inventory in the last week.

Anyone else out there shopping or recently bought in OK? Any below $23,000 deals?

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    MSRP as described $23350. AAA price from a dealer 2 miles from zip code 74101 is $22952.

3. Comperio

Comperio Nooberator 200

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks JimN. I was really hoping for some of those Cali prices in the low 22's. Maybe one of the dealers will be one sale short of an annual quota next week and make me an offer I can't refuse. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to be happy with a few hundred off MSRP.

4. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Have you looked at carsdirect.com? I used the their price to negotiate with my dealer and got a better price, $2.344 less then MSRP on the Prius V.