1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pricing for 2008 Prius in DC area?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by samsankar, Oct 9, 2007.

1. samsankar

samsankar New Member

Hi all,

I've been pricing 2008 Priuses (with Pkg #2) via email in the DC area (Northern Virginia + Maryland) for the last week, and have found that most of the dealers are offering very similar prices--around $23,200 + $300 processing and tags, for a total out-the-door price of around $23,500.

Is that price competitive for a 2008 Pkg #2, and if not, what's a better number? My brother bought a 2007 a few months ago in California for $1100 less--am I just trying to buy at the wrong time (before the 2008s arrive in force)? I don't much care about getting the latest model year, but there don't seem to be any 2007s left on the lots.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. joe1347

joe1347 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snsdc @ Oct 9 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]523287[/snapback]</div>

http://www.antwerpentoyota.com

3. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought my 2006 from Darcars Frederick -- they weren't the rock-bottom cheapest but the price was competitive, they were getting in a car with the options and color I asked for, and I liked the people there.

The best price I got was at Fitzgerald in Gaithersburg, Md. However they didn't have a color in stock that I liked. I also had a decent internet quote from a dealer in Leesburg.

Have you tried the Costco pricing?

4. samsankar

samsankar New Member

We ended up getting what seemed to be a good deal from Alexandria Toyota.

Price: $22,267
    Tag fees: $109
    Processing Fee: $279
    Local tax: $45
    ------------------
    Total $22,700 out the door (I live in DC so there's no sales tax.)

This was for a package #2 2008. I dealt with Tabitha Harris, who was efficient and professional.

--sam

5. meidude

meidude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and I'm trying to buy a 2008 Prius. I live in Rockville, and I plan to trade in my old 1996 Camry for the new car. I've been thinking about going for Jim Coleman Toyota dealer near Montgomery Mall, which advertises itself as a "no hassle" and "one-price" dealer (I hate negotiations over price). What do you guys think about these one-price dealers with salary sales people? Also, how about Costco? Does anyone know anything about its pricing?

6. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snsdc @ Oct 20 2007, 01:25 PM) [snapback]528191[/snapback]</div>
    I got my Prius from them, and also bought my Camry from them in 1998. I have been happy with their service department. I usually work with the green team -- Drew Pastor is the service guy for that team and he's good.

7. paulagoodfellow

paulagoodfellow Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meidude @ Nov 3 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]534412[/snapback]</div>

Do you belong to AAA? They had better pricing than Costco for Package 2, but for Package 6, Costco was best. Our dealer was willing to show me the book with different price lists. But I'm in southern California, so they wouldn't be the same for you.

These posts with no sales tax make me mildly ill, since we had to pay about 8% sales tax.