1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRICING PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bradusany, May 31, 2007.

1. bradusany

bradusany New Member

Good Evening Everyone and I thank you in advance for helping me with my 2 question. I am located on Long Island, New York and just cant figure out if I am getting a good deal or not. Here it goes - I can get a package #3 for $24,550 - the dealer says thats $1,000 over his invoice - I am also doing a trade in which they will give me $3,000 for.

The next question is I may move up to the Package #5 can someone PLEASE tell me what the TRUE dealer cost is on that and if there are any insentives discounts etc - or more importantly break out what I should pay and no more - anyones help on this would greatly be appreciated. I am leaning more towards the Package #5 which has the leather and I beleive the dealer said it comes with Navigation but when I went to Toyotas site I did not see a reference to Nav so I am even more confused - Again, what should I really be paying for a Package #5 with Leather and Nav -

Thanks so much and I love this SITE -

2. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradusany @ May 31 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]452968[/snapback]</div>

The market seems to be changing a little with the increase in price. Search the forum for nfo on how to do a telephone blitz to dealers in your area, by asking directly for internet sales manager.

It will give you some starting info.

I paid 23000 plus doc fee in Georgia plus tax and license. This was for a #3 package Black about 1 mo nth ago.

Getting prices toward the end of the month may give you better results if you are not in a hurry.

Search the forum for package 5 and for Prices Paid.

check Edmunds.com and Kelly Blue Book sites for pricing.

3. meanboy

meanboy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradusany @ May 31 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]452968[/snapback]</div>
    I made an inquiry a couple of days ago and a package #5 w/o leather was 24,992.00 plus fees. This is in San Jose, CA. I am hoping to do better.

4. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradusany @ May 31 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]452968[/snapback]</div>
    Your title "PRICING PLEASE HELP!" gave me a CRAZY brain storm. Start an experiment where you ask every PC member to send you a dollar to help you buy your prius. I noted you are Member No.: 25,657, which looks like a good price for a package 5. If everyone else does it first, I will send you a dollar.

Sorry, I am being kooky today. Best luck on your negotiations. I think $1000 over invoice is a fair deal, because the dealers and sales people do deserve to make a little money. You can ask them to show you the invoice if they want the sale.

5. Runninghooligan

Runninghooligan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jun 1 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]453297[/snapback]</div>

I just bought a Barcelona Red Package #5 for $24,000 (plus TTL) in the Washington DC area. Package #5 comes with Navigation. Package #4 does NOT have Nav. Package #6 adds Leather seating and you get everything else from package #5.

My price ended up $400 under invoice. Good luck!

6. thebrattygurl

thebrattygurl New Member

Don't forget that Toyota is offering ECO-savings on all packages. The bigger the package, the more the savings...

http://sev.prnewswire.com/auto/20070404/LA...04042007-1.html

Discounted MSRP for factory-installed option packages are outlined in charts below:

Factory-installed New MSRP Discount
    Options

Package #1 (HE) Package Discontinued, -----
    Limited Supply Available
    Package #2 (HG) $575 $600
    Package #3 (HI) $2,105 $600
    Package #4 (HK) $2,580 $800
    Package #5 (NL) $3,280 $2,000
    Package #6 (NW) $4,550 $2,000

Touring Edition New MSRP Discount
    Factory-installed
    Options

Package #5 (NM) $2,905 $1,750
    Package #6 (NR) $4,175 $1,750

The base MSRP for the Toyota 2007 Prius is $22,175 and the Touring Edition Prius MSRP starts at $23,070.

7. meanboy

meanboy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebrattygurl @ Jun 1 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]453305[/snapback]</div>
    Good info..your purchase price is my target price although I don't need nav but it seems with the discounts it's worth it.

8. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Times have changed. A year and a half ago, we were lucky just to find a car with the correct options. We had to drive 50 miles to the dealer, and settled for a color and interior that we didn't want. But we found the car. Its all good now. Price? Didn't even worry about it. It was sticker + a $500 added dealer value (profit) package. (Pin stripes, wheel well and door moldings). Its amusing to see that now people are milking every dollar out of the purchase, rather than just being happy to find a car "close" to what they want in a reasonable time. Like I said...times and the market have certainly chnged. Sorry I can't help you with the price issue. Just get it. A few dollars one way or the other over several years really isn't that big of a deal. You won't be sorry.

9. meanboy

meanboy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Jun 1 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]453315[/snapback]</div>
    I was looking last year too, and it was at sticker or above. People were trying to beat the tax credit reduction, including yours truly. I didn't and postpone it when it seemed I was going to need surgery and the prices of gas went down. Now, they are back up, and I don't feel like spending 3k on gas a year even though it's in a car that's nice to be in. And now we get some financial assistance at work so I've given it thoughts again. And we sold our Mini Cooper S. That was a fun car to drive.

10. MickeyA

MickeyA New Member

Supply & Demand & a Tax credit net me last Sunday:
    (choose whichever way you want to spin it)
    $663 BELOW invoice prior to TTLP.
    $267 OVER invoice prior to TTLP & TC.
    $797 OVER invoice OTD.

Basically, the tax credit saves me on the sales tax. :)
    & Local property taxes saved are not even counted yet!

This car is paying for itself! :D

11. Tucquan

Tucquan New Member

It's getting tighter for the Prius right now. I'm in Pennsylvania and paid about $600 over invoice for a 2007 with package #5. It'll be until the 3rd week or so in June until the car with the exterior and interior colors that I want are at my dealer. I could've bought the car for about $300 less by buying it from a dealer out of the county but I decided to give the local folks my business. There is a dealer in another county that will only sell them right now for the full MSRP so it pays to shop around.

12. meanboy

meanboy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tucquan @ Jun 1 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]453353[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know how tight it is here because it seems like I see a Prius "yes" commerical every five minutes on TV.