1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prii comin' out of the woodwork!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by naterprius, May 10, 2004.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    There are starting to be very MANY of the new prii in and around Boulder, Colorado. I see several of them every day. Are they really becoming that prevalent, or is it just Boulder?

I see two or three everyday, sometimes four of five.

The other night, I was driving home up US36 from Boulder towards Longmont and there was a torrential rain storm, the kind that you feel nervous driving in. I was in my Trooper, 4x4 enabled, and liked the extra traction. There was no one else out the road. Strangely, I wondered what my Prius will be like in such weather. As if to answer my question, a light colored 2004 came up over the hill coming the other way! I chuckled at the serendipity, and then wondered if the owner felt comfortable driving in this weather. (The car seemed to be doing fine). As if to drive home the point, ANOTHER 2004 came up over the hill about two miles later. I couldn't believe it. (These were the only two cars I saw on the road that night!). I had to play it back in my head to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Yup, I checked my rear view mirror, can't miss the tailights. Our speed was over 50 MPH on this road; so it was NOT the same car.

Anyway, it's like they are trying to tell me something, unfortunately it's something I already know. (My Prius is on order).

There's even a Prius discussion starting up at my favorite Isuzu SUV enthusiast site, vehicross.info.

I can't wait to get my car.

Nate

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I guess it was a Salsa one I saw on the way to work this morning. Going up Two Notch Road near the Kangaroo gas station.

I waved, but I wasn't noticed...