1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prii in Italy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Salsawonder, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Had a lovely 3 weeks in Italy topped off by 2 days in London. In Italy I saw 2 Prii, this one in Assisi and another in Florence. Having been in Rome and Naples as well as Tuscany and Amalfi I have to say that I would probably opt for a really small manual vehicle here.

In England though I saw quite a few. They have just added a new SUV penalty to help with congestion...don't think it is working.

Italy had plenty of Fords and a few Chryslers but I saw only one Chevy other than those on base.

My friend drove my car while I was gone. She got 46.7 mpg, I guess that foot of mine is to heavy as I am still 42-44 mpg!

Tried to add photo but it would not take.....

2. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Oct 28 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]340154[/snapback]</div>
    Havnig lived just NW of Naples for two years back in the early 80's, a small car is definitely an advantage over there. Drove an old Fiat 128 which was small, but there were even smaller ones.
    I'm sure after all the years the gasoline has changed there - when I was there the car I shipped over had to have the catalytic converter removed because all the gas there and in Germany was leaded.