1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prii on TV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tanglefoot, Apr 15, 2007.

1. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Charlie Eppes on Numb3rs drives one. I remember the scene when Amita's in the car and they're talking with the FBI on the Bluetooth.

I think New Christine drives one.

Any others?

Eric

2. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanglefoot @ Apr 15 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]423723[/snapback]</div>
    New Christine, Geez !!!!! How are us Prius guys going to improve our image with that. What we need to do is write the Shark show and tell them to get Shark out from behind the wheel of those Ferrari's and BMW'S and get into a nice Prius !!!!!

3. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Apr 15 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]423750[/snapback]</div>

haha I hear ya!

They should get them to replace the H2's in CSI Miami....I can almost picture a fleet of Driftwood Pearls with flashing stobes behind the grille.

4. thatchmo

thatchmo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Apr 15 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]423750[/snapback]</div>
    Stark's daughter was driving a red Prius when she was pulled over for DUI at the end of one episode. Perhaps not the image we're looking for... :blink:

5. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius is the perfect car for Charlie. It was featured in one episode. He was driving his blue Prius with Amita next to him on her computer, talking handsfree on the phone. It was pretty cool.

6. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The daughter of the congressman or senetor who's wife was kidnapped on "Vanished" drove a blue Pius too. But that show was very short lived. I hope they have one on "Drive". I have it recording right now, but not had a chance to start watching.

7. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Spotted one in the latest episode of The Office:

[​IMG]

8. zijlstra

zijlstra New Member

Six Feet Under: Claire Fisher drives away in a Prius in the final episode of the show, while the future of all the main charactes is shown in brief flashes.

9. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh yeah, how could I forget.....Rory Gillmore :wub: drives a light blue Gen 1.

Oh and Jake gets a driving lesson in a Gen 1 in Two and a Half Men.

Jake asks why it's called an gas pedal if it's an electric car. Alan says "okay, press the electric then" or something like that.

10. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And in Weeds, the main character trades her Range Rover for a Prius in season 2. Can't wait for season 3.

11. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    kqed and kteh in san francisco bay area had calcars on, on a show called
    quest (or qwest?) this week. im suprised no one mentioned it

12. DelerPrius

DelerPrius New Member

Subway Sandwich Shop commercial where they guy and his wife are in a Prius at a fast-food drive-thru, ordering fattening stuff ("I'll have a double chin with a side of love handles") or something to that effect.

13. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ... and some "badonkadonk butt" :)

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sean on Nip/Tuck.
    The Subway commercial where the folks at the drive-thru are ordering the "thunder thighs", "Blubber", "double-chin", etc. the car they're in is a Prius.
    Saw two go by in the same shot during a Jay Leno "street walking" clip.
    I see one in the parking lot every once in a while on MythBusters.
    They're all over...somewhere there's a thread listing them from a few years back when it was a rarity. There was even one fake wrecked on an episode of West Wing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DelerPrius @ Apr 16 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]424001[/snapback]</div>
    crap, you beat me to it by 4 minutes while I was typing.

15. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh!! There's one in one of the Scary Movie's. The main character has a dark blue or black Gen 1. I think she backs over her kid brother with it and he flies 100 feet in the air. That counts doesn't it? :p

16. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    "Must Love Dogs" - John Cusack movie. He chirps the tires in at least one of the scenes where he a Diane Ladd are frantically searching for a drugstore to buy condoms. DEFINITELY the image we want! :lol:

17. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Toyota commercial that has the guy standing in front of a gas station talking - When they flash the Toyota models on the screen, they show an '05 (I know there was a wait for them in the past, but 2 years???)

18. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We can't forget about the Prius that was featured on South Park.

[attachmentid=7517]

And don't forget the Family Guy Prius.

[attachmentid=7519]

Attached Files:

19. ig_ron

ig_ron New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's fun to spot our beloved Prius on TV shows or in the movies... especially if they are blue! :D

This isn't just for TV shows, but I thought you might get a kick out of it so here's a link to the Internet Movie Cars Database (IMCDb) that has Prius sightings.

IMCDb for Prius

I seem to recall a company that does "casting" for certain types of cars and I don't know if that's why the site is able to play spot the Prius really well. Or perhaps some people are just super observant -- see "Just Like Heaven" pic of a silver Prius.

I have two additional Prius sightings to share (spoiler warning if you plan to watch these shows):

On "the L word" (Showtime) -- After Bette (Jennifer Beals) and Tina (Laurel Holloman) break up in Season 1, Tina ends up dating a guy named Henry and he drives a light colored Prius (I think it's silver). The Prius is visible on two episodes. One, Tina and Henry, back from a date at a beach with their respective kids in tow, are seen unloading their stuff from the Prius (in the driveway) to the back door of the house. Two, Henry picks up Tina from the hospital after she visits Bette and Bette's dad (Ossie Davis) who was ill.

On "Imagine Me & You" (Fox Searchlight Pictures) -- Rachel (Piper Perabo) is breaking up with her husband Heck because she has fallen in love with Luce (Lena Heady -- also Queen Gorgo on "300"). After the "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" discussion, Heck is seen walking down a pathway and at the end sits a Seaside Pearl. Due to the perfect placement of the Prius in this shot, I assume it was Heck's car.

Both are lesbian themed shows and in both cases, the Prius was the car of choice given to the "sensitive, caring and nice guy" characters. Is that the image you guys are after? :D

20. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DelerPrius @ Apr 16 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]424001[/snapback]</div>
    That one really annoys me- hardly seems like a good portrayal of Prius drivers. If you're going to drive up to a fast food place to load up on fat and carbs, might as well do it in a big-nice person SUV!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jkash @ Apr 16 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]424326[/snapback]</div>
    Now that one is cool- a driving dog!