1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prii w/ sunroof -pics included

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by chrisspaulding, Aug 17, 2008.

1. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Was in at Greens Toyota (Lexington, KY) for my 10K.
    Saw this Prii with custom sunroof in the showroom. Salesman says $1,400 to get one.

Pretty cool, except I don't like the look of the wind deflector, but the rest is great!

Attached Files:

• sr1.jpg
      sr1.jpg
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
    • sr2.jpg
      sr2.jpg
      File size:
      45.4 KB
      Views:
    • sr3.jpg
      sr3.jpg
      File size:
      72.8 KB
      Views:
    • sr4.jpg
      sr4.jpg
      File size:
      55.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    so I'm assuming its not an electric one? but manually operated?

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice. Yes, I don't like the wind deflector either.

I think that the Chatters here who were able to find an installer willing to install a sunroof on their Prius* -- Craigk, Spur, Bobbyb, others -- usually paid between $1000 and $1100. If I had the money, I would get one.

Here are Craigk's and Spur's threads about their sunroofs (they have the same sunroof), including some very nice pictures:

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/32662-sunroof-installed-2007-prius-minneapolis.html

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/43736-sunroof-installed.html

* I understand that Webasto and some other sunroof manufacturers and installers do not recommend installing or refuse to install a sunroof on the Prius because of its curved roof, citing structural concerns.

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Why would you say this? I don't know anything aside from what is in the pics, but it looks to me very much like a typical, electric, moonroof setup.

5. strieby

strieby Priusman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had my power moonroof installed at American Sunroof in San Diego for about $1150.00. It took them about 8 hours and they did a great job. It goes back and forth or flips up or down at the back. They installed the Webasto unit.