1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prime EV & HV City Test

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Fuel Economy & Prime EV Range' started by Maxwell61, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2 interesting extensive (about 30 km) city tests.

Prius PHEV Solar Roof 19".

EV range = 102 km
    HV fuel economy = 3,3 lt/100km - 71 MPG US

Prius PHEV 17" base trim:

HV fuel economy = 3,0 lt/100km - 78 MPG US

2. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can definetely live with that difference if it looks better - besides its not like we have a real choice if we want to have some kind of good amount of features.

Maxwell61 likes this.
  3. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Wow. Simply amazing numbers all around and very thorough testing. Bravo!

Although “city” is a stretch. This type of driving to me seems more like suburban/skirting the city driving. There was only a very quick section where they were skyscrapers in view. Also, I did not see much bumper-to-bumper, gridlock, real city traffic (NYC/Philly/LA, etc).

To me these driving scenarios shown are probably some of the most optimal driving conditions for a HV/PHEV, lots of chances to regen, lower speeds, and not too much traffic.

But either way, very nice to know this is possible. He crushed the advertise numbers!

Maxwell61 likes this.
  4. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to Europe, you can count the cities with a skyscraper downtown on one hand - so I would say this is a representative scenario. Rush hour could be worse but its nothing compared to what people experience in the states.

Some more wild traffic situation in southern europe (Rome?) would be interesting though - or just boring if you get stuck anyway.

#4 AndersOne, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    Maxwell61 likes this.