1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Primewell Valera Touring vs Bridgstone Ecopia vs Michelin Energy Saver

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Prius_Boriqua, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Prius_Boriqua

Prius_Boriqua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi guys

I bought my car used and it came with Primewell Valera tires. These tires sell for about $50.00 ea so they are on the cheaper end of tires. Does anyone have a good idea on how these compare to the Bridgstone Ecopia's or the Michelin Energy Saver's? I can still manage 52-53 mpg's on these tires. One thing for sure is that they are really noisey. Seeing how cheap they are im pretty sure they wont last long.

Thanks

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'd go for the Ecopia EP20, if money's tight and due to the poor availability of the Energy Savers. If they try to talk you into Ecopia EP422 stick to your guns. The EP422 are available in a variety of sizes, but have mixed reviews. The EP20 only come in 195/65R15, and are one of tires Toyota uses on the 3rd gen, new. RR is good, right from the start. The Energy Savers have a slight advantage, I believe, but price and availability are issues.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    never heard of them, but at least your mileage is decent. take mendel's advice when you're ready to move up. all the best!(y)

4. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A lot of cheap Chinese tires these days. GT Radial, Primewell, et cetera.

Merkey likes this.
  5. Prius_Boriqua

Prius_Boriqua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Im getting 54 Mpg's now.....Makes me wonder what numbers id get with a quality tire.