1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prince Charles to use commercial flights-says green action needed now

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by hb06, Dec 8, 2006.

1. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "LONDON - Putting his money where his environmentalist mouth is, Prince Charles is swapping gas-guzzling private planes and helicopters for commercial flights, train journeys and biodiesel cars."

"A longtime champion of green causes, the heir to the throne says action is needed now to avoid leaving a ruined planet to the next generation."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061207/ap_on_..._green_prince_5

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow!! major sacrifices here. hope it doesnt make him an easier terrorist target

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If he dies while implementing his beliefs...his death, I believe, would be noble.

Living an untruth to oneself is, in my opinion, worse than death.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, it will be a boon to the industries he patronizes.

If he flies, he'll fly first class. And I'm sure every seat will be bought out to offer him privacy and to provide seats for his entourrage. Probably the front of the cheap seats too, depending on how many fly with him.

On the train he'll have the entire car.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Dec 21 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]365468[/snapback]</div>
    Totally! Well said, in my opinion.

But...

I also think it's time that we all stop worrying about our petty little lives, and put our values where our mouths are.

If this makes him more of a terrorist target, so be it. Isn't it time that we thought about the meaningfulness of personal sacrifice for the greater good? I applaud this move, even if only for its symbolism.

It at least doesn't reek of fear and defensiveness, like so many of the hawkish posts here on PC do.