1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 1.5" Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Kevin H Tran, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Kevin H Tran

Kevin H Tran New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Wondering if anyone in the forum has lifted their gen 5 Prius? Looks intriguing but defeats the purpose of getting a Prius. What are your thoughts?

PRIUS 2023+ (priusoffroad.com)

2. Blackat

Blackat Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    The thing to worry about is stressing the CV boots and other suspension parts.
    I'm coming from a lifted Tacoma so I thought about it since I live in the CO mtns.

To me, it's not worth it for the 1" and I like to mod my vehicles

3. phase

phase Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I’m hoping to get an air suspension to lift it and lower it but I can’t find any companies that make after market air for the Prius. It’s just corollas. Kind of weird

4. avocadoman1

avocadoman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I raised a Gen 4 using the Priusoffroad kit.
    After a couple of front end scrapes going in & out of driveways, I decided that the only option was a 1.5” lift kit.
    Works great as I never have scraped since jnstall.

Fuel economy for my Hybrid Limited seems unaffected (58+ mpg)
    Visually…the rear sits higher than desired, but the vehicle functions as OEM

Kit can be DIY installed with a few regular tools, but an alignment is recommended as necessary (so that’ll increase the cost of the mod).

Kevin H Tran likes this.
  5. Dyjital

Dyjital Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I have lifted mine.

Don't regret it. Took me about 2.5 hours in the shop with a lift. The added rear springs that are heavier duty was a huge benefit and plus. Adding the additional 200lbs cargo capacity in the trunk without sagging OE springs is a benefit to me. When we take our Prii camping or on long trips and have a suitcase, kid, dogs or Nana's bars of gold in the back, I like having the extra capacity without sagging the nice person end of the car.

I also have an EcoHitch and am going to wire in my trailer light controller hopefully this afternoon/evening to complete my towing setup.

I also have intent to put a 215/60R17 Falken WildPeak A/T Trail on some Toyota steelies using factory hubcaps from them. Will look interesting when done.

Kevin H Tran likes this.