1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius #1 in Japan in June, 22k sold!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by spwolf, Jul 6, 2009.

1. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

Sales of the Prius, which was remodelled in mid-May, jumped 258 percent to 22,292 units from the year-earlier month, data from the Japan Automobile Dealers Association showed. TOKYO (AP) -- Toyota's Prius hybrid -- already Japan's highest-selling car -- more than doubled its sales in June to claim the top spot for a second month, reflecting government tax breaks and growing popularity of products viewed as environmentally friendly. The Japan Automobile Dealers Association said Monday that Toyota Motor Corp. sold 22,292 of the Prius cars in June, far more than the 10,915 it sold in May, when a revamped version of the car debuted to clinch the top spot in sales. June was the third straight month that a gas-electric hybrid topped the Japanese sales charts. The Prius was Japan's No. 2 seller over the first six months of the year, trailing only Honda's Fit compact. Honda's Insight, a hybrid marketed as a cheaper alternative to the Prius, held the top spot in April but has since slipped, falling to fourth in the June rankings. The Prius has gotten a boost from a government program that makes hybrids tax-free, providing an effective discount of about $1,500 for buyers. Japanese consumers have also been increasingly drawn to new products seen as environmentally friendly, which also include solar panels and low-energy TVs. Toyota Prius is Japan's top selling car in June - Yahoo! Finance

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. jprates

jprates https://ecomove.pt

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    If I have my info right, Japan had over 100k pre-orders already in place.

These 22k are not going to avoid having waiting lists in its domestic market.

Any news on the US market? How are the lists going? How many did they sell already? How many pre-orders?

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My understanding is:
    However, I'm not sure how many of the older NHW20s were also sold in June.

I have not heard of the waiting lists and dealer profit markups but then I'm not shopping either.

Bob Wilson

5. FlipStylee270

FlipStylee270 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is that a chrome accessory below the rear panel window??

6. honu702

honu702 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How does one get that chrome strip on the back of the car?

7. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five