1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2004 second generation P1116 C1241 P0A7A PA093 HELP DESPERATE

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by miguelzottoyahoocom, Mar 3, 2017.

1. miguelzottoyahoocom

miguelzottoyahoocom New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi

Im desperate im in mexico city i have a prius 2004 this car was not sold in mexico, mechanics dont know how works a hybrid not even in the toyota dealer PLEASE HELP ME OUT i have this issue for sometime with it

1 year ago i replace the water pump the electric inverter water pump the one in front of the inverter left side back the headlight
    car work fine
    then i replace the coolant inverter pump 6 months ago the one in the left driver side in front the tire
    I already replace the thermostat
    replace all the coolant
    replace the radiator cap
    Car doesnt get hot no issues on that

- Daily i drive the car around 30 miles no issue in the morning and 30 miles at night no issue on the car no codes no lights in the dash no nothing.
    - If i use the car all day long first appears the red triangle the lights abs and the VSC no problems in the car work fine after a while the brake sign lights up and then a biiiiiiiip sound apears so i need to shut the car off and then the biip goes away and the warnings still in the dash
    - so in city car works well in regular home work without lights if car works all day warnings in dash
    - If i get the car in highway to another city in an uphill road after hours the car has not power to go up and i need to wait for a while to get on the road again then stop and then wait and so on

My codes are the following
    -P1116 ( in which i look around and probably i need to replace the temperature sensor TX109 and the coolant temperature sensor TX221) do i replace them?????
    - C1241 searching seems the aux battery not working i already check it out in an optima dealer and they told me is working fine
    - P0A7A tells on the inverter performance its necessary i replace it???? really is very expensive and plus the shipping into mexico more some guy tell me replace all the relays on the car not sure about that???? or do i need to replace the HV ecu?????
    - PA093 inverter pump which i already replace it twice??????

REALLY WONDERING TO SOMEONE HELP i have spent a lot and the car is the same im a student and i have no money i dont want to trash the car but really i dont know what to do

IF SOMEONE SPEAKS SPANISH FOR ME WILL BE BETTER REACH ME AT [email protected] whats (011521) 5518840857 i think you need to add me as (+521)5518840857

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    With car in ready open the Inverter coolant reservoir cap and with flashlight look at the coolant. It should show very aggressive coolant flow movement.

Take cover off top of rad and with engine cool open rad cap and check coolant level. Should be at top of the lip.

Check fan belt tightness.

Do you have cabin heat or do you hear gurgling or noise under dash like water flowing?

strawbrad likes this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Also btw like a lot of people in this forum section your in the wrong forum.

The technical forum is for discussions about technology. You should be in the Maintenance and Troubleshooting forum.

You will get alot more eyes on your thread.