1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2005 and New motorola Razr V3C from Verizon

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mithras, Apr 6, 2006.

1. mithras

mithras New Member

I recently upgraded my motorla 551 to a razr. :D The 551 integrated fine with the Prius- it was from cingular- BUT the phone service was lousy. :(

I switched to Verizon- I got a new phone the razr V3c and the phone service is great. :D BUT the phone wont link to the prius. :( I do the search and the phone says " yup i see one device out there, but never comes back with a request for bonding. ;) Anyone have similar experiences or should i go back to two orange juice cans and a long string. PS motorola wont talk to me, Verizon says its a prius issue and prius says its a verizon or motorola issue.???
    Richard

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Hard to say. I have a Motorola e815 (my first BT phone) with Verizon which I had paired with the Prius before I left Verizon's parking lot. I got the phone in September and the Prius last April (1-year anniversary on the 16th).

3. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

Make sure you're asking the phone to connect to a headset and not using the "Find Me" option. I've never tried it in a 2005, but it works great in my 2006.

4. mithras

mithras New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ttabbal @ Apr 6 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]235966[/snapback]</div>
    The fone doesnt havea separate option to look for a head set. it just has one discover option called
    "bluetooth" and then 3 choices,
    setup, device id or hands free
    hands free is the only choice and it finds the car but it doesnt elicit the bonding code.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ok as a divoted Mac user I hate to say this but did you use the Prius connection screen, Please see the manual, and Ok look at the manual for the phone. They both want you to jump through hoops. Crazy I tell you, but there is no cure.

6. faastguy

faastguy Junior Member

I was told by Verizon that their bluetooth phones would not integrate with any vehicle navigation systems. So, I "fired" Verizon, and went with a Razr on Cingular. Works wonderfully. Go figure ... :unsure:

7. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazy Cat @ Apr 8 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]236946[/snapback]</div>

Another example of how the bluetooth is GSM > CDMA. Damn US-bread technology! <shakes fist>

8. AyreHead

AyreHead New Member

I had no problem getting my Verizon Razr V3c to link up to my 2005 Prius.

9. waynehg

waynehg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AyreHead @ Apr 10 2006, 06:43 AM) [snapback]237441[/snapback]</div>
    I have two 2005 Prius and linked two bluetooth phones to each without a problem, but can't figure out how to transfer the phone books to the prius.. did you have a problem?

Waynehg
    2005 Tideland Pearl
    2005 Seaside Pearl