1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2005's available - watch the list grow!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Dianne, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Anyone in CA or anywhere local enough to grab a car ASAP --- namely ANYONE seeking a Prius 2005 with BC (#6 package), EF, Z1 package really ought to call me ASAP... I can't post pricing specifically - I am NOT marked up over window - but I *can* talk it to ya! By phone: 310-522-2317 asap... and my current, available inventory is here:
    =17]http://69.93.188.20/~tundraso/fleet/showro...ta[model_id]=17

Dianne Whitmire
    Internet Sales Director
    Carson Toyota in Sunny SouthernCalifornia!
    [email protected]
    310-522-2317

2. jchu

jchu New Member

Geez Dianne,
    Wish we could. Had planned on a 2nd Prius Salsa and would have traveled for it but life circumstances sometimes bite one in the butt. Oh well maybe next year.,

3. dgstan

dgstan Member

Re: Prius 2005's at UNDER the MSRP today - Feb 28th

That's a shame Dianne. I can't believe you went from $2000 over MSRP to BELOW MSRP in less than a month. I would have been more than happy to give you my business, but you told me the wait was 6-8 months. Below is the email you guys sent me February 3rd. Hmmmm.

DGStan

--------
    Hello Doug,

Dianne asked me to drop you an e-mail. Our MSRP is currently 6-8 month wait. Over MSRP is for immediate delivery at $2,000 over MSRP.

Good Luck.

GLORIA RINCON (310) 522-2316/ (562) 572-7709 Direct
    INTERNET/FLEET MANAGER
    CARSON TOYOTA

4. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Yes, what a HUGE difference a few weeks can make. And, sometimes, even 1 day. Prius market's kinda volatile and has been for well over a year now. If you got a car, then good for you! That's the positive net end result, right? As long as you got one at a decent price that you were happy with, what else matters.

I now, with the first of the month allocation, have 27 vehicles to sell, but that will change FAST as lightning... that's why it's smarter for me to post my inventory link so everyone can see these real time. And, there are variations to pricing due to different packages, and different issues with pricing such as lower packages vs. BC packages and their availability. I am aso offering some cars off MSRP, package and color depending... but it's always best to call. Personally, I am thrilled that the heat's off me on Prius and I can sell them without any fights here. I guess it matters NOT what *was* a month ago.. but what's NOW!
    Dianne

5. dgstan

dgstan Member

Yes, I got the car I wanted and I couldn't possibly be happier with it. I've got this huge smile plastered on my face - I feel like a nut!

I just wish we'd known that your waiting list would go from "6-8 months" to zero in less than a month. I would have rather bought from you since you are so Pro-Prius and have been so active in the Prius community.

DGStan

6. Dianne

Dianne New Member

DGStan, that's OK! I wish Gloria had checked with me about what I was doing with Prius chat and yahoo folks vs. the rest of the universe... well, after this, she knows now! It's OK - I appreciate the kind words and vote of support. It's pretty neat to have been Prius-friendly when it was not so cool! :>
    Di

7. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Now if I can only get my wife to trade in her Xterra! :)

8. bobmrg

bobmrg New Member

Dianne, figure out a way to get a 2005 Salsa Red Pearl/AM up to Michael's Toyota in Bellevue, WA. I won't settle for anything else, and they are beating the bushes to find me a car. If I wanted any other color I could drive it off the lot today.

9. dvd

dvd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    bobmgr,

call Jon Geffen @ Tonkin Toyota in Portland and get on his list, too. He treated me very well. PM me for contact info if you'd like.

Also, are you a member of a credit union? If so, check to see if they have a car-buying service. I'm with 1st-Tech who has a relationship with AutoLand. I was on their list for MSRP minus $150, with no deposit. estimated wait was 6-8 weeks.

Best of luck, I just lucked into a Salsa/BC and I love it!

(Dianne, sorry to hijaak your thread, feel free to whack this post if it's inappropriate.)

10. Dianne

Dianne New Member

no problemo!

DVD, no problem! The idea is for folks to FIND the right car. Not fo rme to sell them all! :D

For the record, I have no list here anymore... it's been satisfied. I have cars! And, we get ONLY the following three packages in SoCal : GY (1), BI (3) and BC (6) so I won't have AM package cars at all. Sorry about that!

I do have quite a few cars still available...