1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2006version in europe ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by andreaswin, Jan 9, 2006.

1. andreaswin

andreaswin New Member

Hi!

Im been looking into buing a Prius. I tested one in november 2005.
    and i really like it :lol:

but since it was allmost end of 2005 , i tought i rather buy one in 2006.

I see from the web that there are some cosmetic changes, some new interiour things plus new gadgets You can order on 2006 model. But when I called 2 different Toyota dealers in Oslo Norway , they both said that 2005 and 2006 model are the same , and that they can deliver fast.

Is this correct that they are the same in europe? or is it just different for US models ?

im a bit confused now .... :blink:
    i dont wanna buy a prius that dont have the latest changes....

Best regards
    Andreas in Oslo Norway

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The new 2006 version is being rolled out in Europe - I've heard of people ordering, but not of anyone actually having had one delivered yet.

New features include:

* New colours
    * New front grille and front/rear light clusters
    * Adjusted rear seats
    * Updated audio system (WMA/MP3 capability + aux input)
    * RDS-TMC (traffic info) on navigation system
    * Various interior upgrades (dash, steering wheel, trim)
    * Intelligent Parking Assist option

The new version is shown on some European Toyota sites (such as Netherlands). The UK site isn't fully up-to-date, but the downloadable price list is.

3. sprett

sprett New Member

Hey Andreas! Nice to see almost a neighbour in here! My local dealer was just as ignorant as your and insisted that the 2006 and 2005 would be the same. Even when I showed the pictures for the new one and told her what the changes would be she ignored it completly. As long as Toyota Sweden had not told her about the changes, they were just fiction to her. That got me so annoyed that I turned to another delaer about 50 miles away. Put my order there some 3 months ago, but still haven´t seen the exact option packages. Strange enough the swedish and probably the norweigan toyta websites contains the new prices and the names of the packages but no specifications.....

Closest call as what the packages will look like is the dutch toyota site. I guess that´s the options heading for norway and sweden too. In short, choose between automatic parking system or better stereo.

Good luck and look for another dealer!

4. andreaswin

andreaswin New Member

hi!

thanks for info ...

well i checked with toyota dealer in Denmark, and they added in their website that they only have the 2005mod in stock,,, "2006mod facelift" needs to be ordered...So its the norwegian dealers thats not informed or want to sell their "outdated" 2005version first...... and the leather interiour was awfully expencive here 31000kroner/4500dollars !!!!!

Think I import it from Denmark anyway , save allmost 50000 Norvegian Kroner on the full equipped version compared to buy it here in Oslo...

Cheers
    Andreas

5. habel

habel New Member

Hei Andreas!

The Norwegian dealers are NOT well informed of the 2006 moel yet. Also, Toyota Norway have MANY 2005 cars available on the dock - that they want to sell first...

As pointed out - there are numberous changes to the 2006. I will take delivery of mine most likely this Friday, this is the very fist 2006 in Norway.

You can see it in this tread:
    http://priuschat.com/My-2006-has-landed-t14826.html

Henrik