1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2007 2gen hybrid help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Patek111, May 15, 2024.

1. Patek111

Patek111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have Prius 2007 2 gen hybrid I have just changed the dead cell in the battery and changed coolant storage pump and now I have a P0420 code how do I fix that? And sometimes the abs sign comes and then goes away. Thank guys for taking the time to read this.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    P0420 is your catalyst below threshold meaning your catalytic converter is worn out or it doesn't meet the parameters for the computer to call it good I'm in a state where I don't have to pass emissions so this doesn't matter but the many and the rest of the country it matters very much generally you're going to be buying a Toyota converter putting it on the car and probably let the Toyota dealer handle it so they can deal with the paperwork when it doesn't put the light off or something not so great happens.

You can try a spacer on the downstream O2 sensor and see if that works but you want to get something not a spark plug fowler You want a real spacer it'd be made out of stainless or gold medal or something pretty heavy duty they're about 18 bucks

#2 Tombukt2, May 16, 2024
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2024
  3. Patek111

Patek111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also I have the red ring of death the red triangle sign with exclamation point, would this problem be fixed if I replace the oxygen sensor and catalytic converter?

4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No, the P0420 should only trigger the "check engine" light. The red triangle (master warning light) is usually the result of faults in the hybrid control system. You need a capable scantool to check all systems for fault codes.
    (It could be related to your previous repair of the HV battery)
    https://priuschat.com/index.php?posts/3290690

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Brian1954 likes this.