1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2007(BSAE MODEL) with base Coastal Lockpick 3

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by yitsang, May 20, 2007.

1. yitsang

yitsang New Member

Hi everybody,

I already read some articles, I am going to order lockpick 3 for video and audio input.
    I just want to make sure, is lockpick 3 compatible to my 2007 prius (no NAV no Bluetooth)

Thank you all guys in advance.

2. Enoyls

Enoyls New Member

You beat me to it :D

I have the same question but have Bluetooth with No NAV

3. yitsang

yitsang New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enoyls @ May 21 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]446694[/snapback]</div>
    Hi nice to meet you.

I am waiting for others confirmation. Although I really want to order it, I still want to confirm with others.

If you have any info, please let me know. Thanks

4. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rapfame @ May 21 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]447186[/snapback]</div>
    Yes it will work on the 2007. I have a 2006 Package#3 and have this installed. I have no bluetooth/nav. All I have is the BackupCam, AUX jack, Side Airbags. 2007 base is just about equivalent to the one I have. All it adds is a DVD mode to your AUX/CD button. Instead of 2 options when you press it you get 3. It is really awesome.

5. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Even coastaltechs site says it will work on the 2007 since the internal stuff such as software are the same

6. yitsang

yitsang New Member

Thank you so much.
    So I think I will order EV mode and Lockpick 3 together
    I will share my experience later

7. aponteluis

aponteluis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I have the 2007 Base model as well. It has the six speaker NON-JBL system. I guess the regular radio. I don't have phone buttons on the steering wheel or the aux port under the arm rest. Has anyone out there installed the lockpick 3 in a Prius like mine? What features will work with my car? Video? Bluetooth?

Coastaltech's site is not very clear on what features can become available with their product.

Attached Files:

8. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aponteluis @ May 28 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]450980[/snapback]</div>
    It will add Video/Audio. There is , i believe 3 choices. Get the 2nd choice (mid price). You don't need the NAV or bluetooth. The first i think $99 only removes the NAV lockoutn and the $199 comes with all 3 video/bluetooth lockout override/Nav lockout overridefeatures. $149 has the video and navlockout removal thats what you need.

9. aponteluis

aponteluis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusGuy79 @ May 29 2007, 03:21 PM) [snapback]451607[/snapback]</div>

Thanks!!

10. emtownsend

emtownsend New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The Lockpick 3+ is running $299 and is supposed to unlock every gizmo this car has; but isn't the price getting a bit high? Is there any other gig in town that isn't so much? I'll have the package #6 (2007) and what I really want to unlock is the ability to use the GPS while in motion and the Bluetooth while in motion. All the other stuff I don't need, but it looks like the only way to get full GPS and Bluetooth is using the 3+, is that correct?

11. aponteluis

aponteluis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :) I just ordered this on eBay. It's a universal connector for the ipod that provides outputs for video and audio. It also provides power to keep the ipod charged. I am going to use this with the Ultimate Lockpick 3.

Check out the guy's store on ebay!

http://stores.ebay.com/Autoware302

Attached Files:

12. aponteluis

aponteluis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    With the ultimate lockpick, is it possible to just listen to the audio from the ipod and have on the screen something else, like the energy monitor?

13. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aponteluis @ May 30 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]452464[/snapback]</div>
    Yes it is possible. You can switch in between screens while the audio is still being played. The "Seek" up and down button the radio will do this or you can just touch the buttons on side of the monitor, such as adjusting the AC, Bass/Treble, Info, Color, etc, only unless you change modes to CD, AUX, AM, FM

14. aponteluis

aponteluis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Coastal Tech needs to really improve their customer service. I placed an order for Lockpick 3 May 30th, it wasn't until yesterday they emailed me cancelling the order because they had to fill customs documents to ship to PR. This is even after I got the tracking number from UPS.

Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. Same postal service. I travel a lot between the mainland and PR. Sometimes I mail stuff back so I don't have to carry it in the airplane. All you need to do is put it in the box and take it to the post office. No customs paperwork required.

I was hoping to install the Lockpick next week. I hope improve their customer service soon. They seem to have good products.