1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2007 suddenly dies while driving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dr farukh, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Dr farukh

Dr farukh New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hello every one m new here n very excited to see such a huge forum to discuss my Prius .first of all m sorry for my english because m from Pakistan n my english is not that good . So coming to my prob for which I need ur opinion

my Prius suddenly stopped on road while driving. it gave me all errors two time before but I restarted the car n it was fine now it stopped on road n not getting started. when I push the button no activity no dash board codes when it stopped I opened the bonnet, there was a smell like something burning. all oils and water normal

plz guide me

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think your inverter pump has shorted. Check the engine compartment for AM2 fuse, see if it's blown. If that fuse is blown, then you would need to replace your inverter pump and then the fuse.

To temporarily get you moving again, you can disconnect the inverter pump wiring harness and then replace the pump. You should be able to drive a short distance with the pump disconnected

SFO likes this.
  3. Dr farukh

Dr farukh New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanx bro