1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2008 Experts (Said in Spring Break Scream)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by VanMelum, Sep 26, 2007.

1. VanMelum

VanMelum VanMelum

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So I just bought my 2008 Prius. See ya!!! It is awesome....and so is this website. I, like most people, would like to install a dvd player. So...after reading a ton of posts from this site, I have decided to take apart my dash and see what I can figure out.

It sounds to me that there will be no problem hooking up a dvd player, I will just have to get fancy with some of the wiring. No problem. I am not sure how long this will take me (shouldn't be that bad), but I will certainly try to keep people posted on my success or lack thereof.

I now have a 1971 camaro that I have fully restored (10 mpg, but 400hp), and I can't wait to start working on the Prius to which I know nothing about. Ideally, I think it should be easy to install a dvd play and maybe an 8 inch sub or two in the back without taking up any space at all. We shall see....but any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here I go!

2. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    First off welcome to the board and second good luck!

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah it shouldn't be a problem. Someone hooked up a Wii to the Prius (search YouTube).

You can try Coastal's lockpick if you want (coastaletech.com) as that allows for an external source to be connected and all the wiring to the stock plugs have been done for you.

4. likesmpg

likesmpg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VanMelum @ Sep 25 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]517778[/snapback]</div>
    My 2003 Acura CL Type-S got 32mpg and made 450hp :) Congrats on the Prius. I too am timid about taking it apart like all of my past cars which I have completely torn apart at some time or another. Only thing I have done so far to the Prius is install the EBH. I REALLY want to wire the foglights to independently turn on but promised myself I wouldn't take apart any more 'new' cars.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(likesmpg @ Sep 27 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]518618[/snapback]</div>
    Check Darell's page http://www.evnut.com/prius_fog_lights.htm for a DIY