1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2012 2 vs 3 hands-free and voice recognition

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by green18, Feb 22, 2012.

1. green18

green18 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hello. We are currently looking at purchasing a 2012 Prius. (Our first Hybrid! :)) I was trying to find out what the difference between the 2's hand free phone capability and the 3's advanced voice recognition. I viewed the video's of the Entune system so I understand what that offers, but did see any explanations on the other two. We test drove a 2 and I asked this question, however sales guy didn't have an answer.
    Thanks in advance for your input!

2. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The system is different between the two, so there may be some difference in call quality. You'd have to give it a go in each and see if you or whomever you call can notice a difference. The two has no voice recognition, so that's about it there. The DA + Navi has some more voice commands than even the HDD system, for example it can tune to different AM/FM stations. It helps get around the functions that get locked when you are driving. Best thing to do is test drive and try each and see what's best for you.

1 person likes this.