1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2014 Audio Not Working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Qais Shishani, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Qais Shishani

Qais Shishani New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello there ,
    I recently bought a prius 2014 and at first there was no audio , so i suspect that the amplifier (its JBL amp) is probably not working and took the amplifier to electronics shop and they told me there is some sort of ic that is burned inside and they dont have replacment for it , so i ended up buying new amplifier.

Now 1 month later same thing happend the audio stopped coming out of the speakers took the new amplifier back to the electronics shop and he told me that the same ic is burned like on the old amplifier , and according to him this is European JBL amplifier and thats why it keeps breaking and i need to install US JBL amplifier but for that he needs to modify the pin connectors because the eu version comes with 2 connectors and the us comes with 3.

My question is , is that really the case ? Is there eu and us versions for the amplifier ?
    And if he modifies the connectors will that make anysort of major failures in my car electronics later on ?

JBL amplifier model #: 86280-0WA51

Thanks for reading this far
    Qais