1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2016 free map update

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by capnbirdseye, Sep 12, 2024 at 9:27 AM.

1. capnbirdseye

capnbirdseye Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    I have a 2016 Prius that's never had it's map updated, I see there is a free download map for Europe and I only want the UK map but it doesn't mention the date of it, is it fairly recent?

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure where you're going to get free updates from for a 2016.

Looking on toyota-tech.eu, there are updates available for all the systems around that age with "2023 Q4 data" (so as up-to-date as you ever get from Toyota), but you'd normally need to pay for a license key.

At least we now get 7 years of free map updates on new models, thanks to EU speed alert regulations.

3. capnbirdseye

capnbirdseye Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    The latest 2024 maps are £122 but the free map download is available on My Toyota portal which as all the details, engine number etc of my vehicle. It requested my Multimedia device id and current Map version and then the option to download it free which I have now done. It's take over an hour to unpack the files and transfer to USB. Just tried it in the cars USB and so far nothing happened. That's why I want to know the date of the free map as it might be nowhere near recent.

4. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Didn't it tell you what version it was? I think maybe you were downloading the same version you already have - which gives you the possibility to reconfigure the system to change region. I believe the download contains all regions, and the head unit can switch from one to the other if it has the USB data. (In that version of the system. Current head units are all-region)