1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2019 active shutter grille

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by George10, Jun 6, 2024.

1. George10

George10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Business Edition
    Hi everyone,

New member here trying to find a solution to my problem. I am located in London UK
    and drive a Prius 2019. It has been around 5 months now I have a problem with the active shutter grille.
    I was always taking the car to a Toyota dealership up to the point of this problem occurred. I tried a couple
    more Toyota dealerships but they were way too expensive. To give you an example one of them wanted 600 pounds only for an evaluation. So I went to an independent garage that said they could fix it. They ordered the part and installed it. The light still kept coming red on the dashboard. I took it to another garage and although they were not familiar with the shutter they took the bumper out and showed me the issue. I am not an expert but I think that the active shutter grille consists of: the main plastic part with the flaps, the motor attached to it on the side, the connector 1 (cable, fuse) and finally the connector 2 (cable, fuse) that no1 is connected to. They told me that the previous garage ordered only the plastic part without the motor and they attached glue to connector 2 in order to connect it to connector 1. The outcome was that cable 2 and 1 were no use. The last garage told me that they would try to find a solution but I think after many calls they don't want to deal with this issue. At the beginning they also told me that it depends if the active shutter grille is Japanese or UK as it will require different programming on the system once it is installed. I tried to find the part myself (the whole thing) with no luck. One company had the grille but they didn't know if it was Japanese or UK and also the connector no2 was missing. I would like to ask if there is anyone in the UK that can help me with this problem. I don't mind driving out of my radius within reasonable distance.

Thank you