1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2020: park button fell into dash

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Fortaves, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Fortaves

Fortaves New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Hi all. We recently purchased a 2020 prius. On my second drive I pushed the park button and the button fell into the dash. Any ideas how to fix this without paying the garage to do it for me? Is there a way to lift off the dash plate without breaking that? Or is there a trick to pull the button forward and secure it? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you could try grabbing the right edge and see if it can be pulled out at an angle. if so, you could glue the edges and use pliers on the outside of the button to pull it tight from the inside.

if not, the service manual should have instructions on how to remove the shifter

3. Doug McC

Doug McC Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    How recently did you buy it? That would not happen to a Prius unless it had been “repaired” in some way by someone who didn’t know what they were doing. If you bought it from a dealership have them repair it for free. If it was from elsewhere, well The Car Care Nut has said “there is no such thing as a good deal on a used Prius”.

4. Drakxyfly

Drakxyfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Unscrew the shifter and that panel just pops right off. From there simply detach the clips going to the buttons. Remove the P button from its clip and place it back in the plate. Get some super glue or epoxy if you really want to make sure it doesn't go anywhere and put a generous bead around the button. Let it dry for half a day before using it. Do everything in reverse to reinstall. Very very easy.