1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 3 dashboard

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by franzfume, Aug 17, 2016.

1. franzfume

franzfume New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have read that Prius 3 has a bioplastics internal .
    Dashboard and door panel of mine have lot of "micro scratch" how I can clean and "polish" internal whitout damaging ?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

If you look in the Gen 3 New Car Features Manual, it shows where the special bioplastics are used, and at least in Gen 3 it's not very much of the interior. Door sill scuff plates and a couple other misc. parts. The marketing brochures made more of it than is really there.

The dash and door panels are more conventional materials, like PC, ABS, a blend of the two, PP, etc. Usually it's stamped on the back of the piece, which of course you have to take the piece off to see.

I'm not sure how much that knowledge helps you with scratch repair. In the US, there is a national chain (drvinyl.com) that specializes in such techniques - maybe something similar exists in Italy?

-Chap

franzfume likes this.
  3. franzfume

franzfume New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Many thanks so If is standard material I have more choice.

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk