1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 3 speaker system in a Prius v?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by GT81, Apr 11, 2013.

1. GT81

GT81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello there,

I'm a fairly new Prius v owner (Prius Wagon Aspiration in the Netherlands) and am very pleased so far.

The reason I also joined the US equivalent of our Dutch forum is because nobody has the answer to the question stated above: will the Prius 3 Dynamic sound system (8 JBL speakers + amp) fit in the Prius v Wagon? My local Toyota dealer and Toyota NL only look at the part numbers, and of course those don't match.

Seeing as a OEM sound system upgrade isn't available, it would be awesome if it worked. Please help me out!

2. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Why limit yourself to that set up? There are plenty of options for upgrading the sound system. I changed out all the door speakers, added amps, and a subwoofer in the rear. There are a few threads that go over the speakers sizes you should consider.

3. GT81

GT81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I also had a look at some other non-Toyota options, but I saw a couple of P3 JBL-sets for under 200 euro's (about < 250 dollars), where a custom set would go from at least 600 euro's (about < 700 dollars). So basically it's an economic decision as well.

I need to know if the JBL speakers/ amp will physically fit, it they are compatible with the wiring that's already in the Wagon and if it will work with Touch & Go. And yes, I am a total audio n00b :).

4. GT81

GT81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So, nobody tried this at all?

5. GT81

GT81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Im still looking at a sweet set of JBL speakers with amp (cheap as hell) PZ490-G0231-00. But not sure if they will fit in the Wagon. Anyone tried swapping and ran into size/ compatibility issues?

6. Osseforth

Osseforth New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hoi, GT81,

ik was benieuwd of je de speakerset inmiddels al gemonteerd hebt. Zo niet doe je ze dan in de verkoop?
    Ik bezit momenteel een prius 3, en ik moet zeggen dat het geluidssysteem aanwezig niet aan mijn eisen voldoet.

Gr Tom.

7. pat767

pat767 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Say what?

Wish I could speak Dutch right now... :)

Can you please translate, as the info might be useful to other international vee owners.

8. Osseforth

Osseforth New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I ask gt81 if he already knew if the speakers will fit in the prius 5.

If not, than I would like to buy the speakers from him.

Or is there somebody else who sels his jbl system for a prius 3?

9. Skunkworks

Skunkworks Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The JBL systems are Built around the Parameters of the P3 it would not fit. the P3 has a different size speaker.

go aftermarket, you cant go wrong. integrating a factory system into another car never works out.