1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Accessories

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by gliffe, Apr 25, 2006.

1. gliffe

gliffe New Member

My "Magnetic Gray pkg# 4" should be here any day. Are there any "must have" accessories that I should get? :wacko:

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It depends on your needs. Some of the top ones are

EV Mod (bought or can be done for free)
    BT Brace (for better handling )
    Seat Covers

In my neck of the woods, having an MFD hood is good to have.

3. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll also add, that if you have an iPod the Vais Tech adapater is a very nice gadget to have. I love playing my ipod through the stereo and controlling it with the built in controls. It's got a few bugs and it's not perfect, but it works well enough.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    QUOTE: EV Mod (can be done for free)

OK aaf... where can one get the EV Mod for free? :huh:

5. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

And what is an MFD hood?
    Thanks

6. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(savingtheearth @ Apr 25 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]245067[/snapback]</div>
    I don't have one, but I believe it's a hood/cover for the MFD. It helps block the sun from hitting it. Personally, I don't see the need - It's not something anyone should ever be staring at for long times, so with the occasional glare, I just work around it or hold my hand up if absolutely necessary.

7. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(savingtheearth @ Apr 25 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]245067[/snapback]</div>
    The MFD hood is by PriusHoods here

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Apr 25 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]245001[/snapback]</div>
    You don't actually "get" the EV Mod for free. You perform the mod for free. You need to only supply a length of wire and a switch (or even use a switch already in the car like the high-beam switch. Your car is already has the EV mode build in, you just need to activate it by grounding one pin momentarily. That's what's meant by "free." You don't need anything fancy to activate it - just labor, really.

This and many other mods discussed in the mods section of my Prius pages (in sig).

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 25 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]245073[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, that's what I meant. :) You can buy it as an accessory (from either Sigma or Coastal), but you can also do the install like you suggested and not pay much (other than time).

9. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Dash cover
    Side window visors
    Sun shades (when parked :lol: )
    BT Brace (a definite)
    XM radio (depending on your preference)
    Rubber floor mats for winter/wet weather
    Seat covers

Most of the above is to help preserve the interior and help resale.

Rick

10. ml86

ml86 New Member

The cheapest? Take the plastic beauty rings off the wheels.

11. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goofa @ Apr 25 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]244969[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I think you've still got some time to consider mods. Everything to date says Magnetic Grey won't make it to the US until June, and I have yet to see anything to contradict that date. So far, if anything, hints have been that it might be delayed, rather than make it here early.

12. gliffe

gliffe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(talonts @ Apr 25 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]245273[/snapback]</div>
    Well, they're here!
    My Dealer received a Magnetic Gray today with pkg #5. Mine is on the train to the Chicago area. I was very happy with the color of the one that came in.

13. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Even before the car arrived I bought the MFD screen protector. I've just ordered one for my next Prius.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Screen-Prot...itemZ8021995558

I was a looking for a better place to put coins so I got the Armrest Console Organizer from Sigma Automotive. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks like it's going to be great.

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

I've also thought of buying the metal Rear Bumper Step Guard from the Japanparts website. (But doubt I will)

http://www.japanparts.com/

Finally, I bought a set of the mudguards but never got them out of the box. I'm not sure I'll put them on the next Prius.

14. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Other than "un-attached" accessories (12v compressor, tire gauge, cargo nets, etc.), my favorite is the Body Side Mouldings to help protect against door dings.

[attachmentid=3137]

15. joy

joy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Apr 27 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]246289[/snapback]</div>
    Hey those body side mouldings look great, i should be picking up my new Prius on Monday (hopefully) and was wanting something like that for more protection. How much did it cost you and where did you get it from? Was it from the dealer or the factory.
    They match nice too, I will be getting the silver pine mica and hope it looks as good as yours.

16. olcorral

olcorral New Member

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's the difference between PC's sharkfin and Sigma's?

18. olcorral

olcorral New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 28 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]246757[/snapback]</div>

Looking at the Sigma fin http://sigmaautomotive.com/FoliaTec/antenna.php it seems the base has to be replaced.
    With the "Shark Fin" it's simply removing the old antenna top section (not the base itself) and screwing the wire to the new one and sticking it on. I'm going with the Shark Fin.

19. ml86

ml86 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(olcorral @ Apr 28 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]246620[/snapback]</div>
    olcorral,

An X-files fan, AND a Giants fan. My kind of Prius owner. Want to join the "Wild & Crazy Guys" Barcelona Red Club? We could use members like you ;)

[attachmentid=3157]

20. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joy @ Apr 28 2006, 02:25 AM) [snapback]246516[/snapback]</div>
    You can now pick them up in the PriusChat Shop for $120 shipped - that should save you a few bucks shipping compared to the normal source:

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/57