1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Aftermarket Remote Start

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Nouman Aziz, Sep 19, 2024.

1. Nouman Aziz

Nouman Aziz New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Morning, I bought aftermarket remote start to install in a prius. It came with instructions attached. Could anybody please guide on which connector/s do I need to install these wires to for a 2014 prius?

thanks

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The electrical guys will be a long shortly and I imagine they'll try and give you a workup or something remote start for a Prius a Prius doesn't generally start immediately I guess this is in hopes of warming something up in the cold which the Prius does almost instantly almost If you can't wait for the Prius to warm up and have warm air coming out of the vents there might be other things at play that is interesting.

3. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Why you buy that thing if you're not able to follow the instructions to make it work?

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well many people will buy a product if it seems like it comes with instructions that will let you land the necessary wires you need to land I would try it too before I take it to a place in say install a remote starter for $500 thank you The part is about $90 You can figure out where to land the eight or so wires you should be in pretty good shape. I would imagine maybe one or two people in the world have done this I'm not sure why you would do this to a Prius doesn't look like the person's any special place where it's real cold and they might die waiting for the car to warm up but hey you never know. I can't imagine having a remote start I'm only coming out just to push a button on the dash anyway there's no starting nothing starts until I select reverse to get out the driveway and then drive then we may get to start as we roll forward but the minute the engine starts you start having heat out the vent in like I don't know man 90 seconds 60 seconds it's not 109° but it's not 18 either and I'm coming out the house dressed generally for the temperature on stepping into but yeah there could be lots of reasons they just want to turn the car on ready. But generally they going to come out to a car that's not running engine wise but it'll be warmed up or maybe cooled off if everything's set correctly on shutdown before it's auto started.

5. Nouman Aziz

Nouman Aziz New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Instructions were inside the packaging so I had to buy it to get to instructions. I tried local electricians who seem to be naive and don't want to touch it.

Although im not technical person I can figure out most of the connections. But unable to trace ignition, parking gear position and fuel pump connections.

and yes theres a need for it, when you live on thirteenth floor and have frozen car early mornings (3-4am) /:

6. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You will need a bypass module to remote start it. tapatalk_1726879736276-1.jpeg tapatalk_1726879749258-1.jpeg