1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Alarm Passive Mode

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by DanMan32, Dec 31, 2006.

1. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I once posted this a long time ago, but lots of good stuff was lost on this site, and was never restored.
    So, since there have been some inquiries as to how to set the Prius alarm to passive mode, here it is.

What is passive mode?
    This is a mode of the Prius alarm system that arms the alarm 30 seconds after power is turned off in the Prius and all doors are closed. Doors do not have to be locked for alarm to arm.
    The Prius comes from the factory in Active mode (assuming you have the package with the alarm enabled in the first place). Active mode means the car has to be locked before the alarm will arm. There is still the 30 second delay in arming.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. PaulRivers

PaulRivers Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just wanted to say thanks for this! These instructions were the ones that actually worked on my 2009 Toyota Prius (non-touring). I REALLY appreciate not having my g!@#!@$ !@$!@$!@ @#%#$^#$%1324 2135@#$%#@$ !$!@$!@# car start honking and flashing the light periodically when I seemingly randomly don't start the car in time...

Again - THANK YOU! The dealership wanted $125, and even more of a pain than that was getting the car over there when they were open.

I would add 2 notes that I found helpful -

1. When it says "Lock and unlock the drivers side door lock knob 3 times", they do mean the physical knob on inside of the car on the door (as someone else wrote somewhere, the thing you would be trying to trip if you were trying to use slide a bent hangar down the window to jimmy the lock to unlock).

2. When it says "Insert and Remove the key from the key slot 3 times" in 5 seconds, they really mean within 5 seconds. I was waiting for the beep when you insert it to finish before taking it out and putting it back in again, but once I did it faster and didn't wait that finally worked.